- The Department of Theatre awards over 25 different scholarships each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for returning Undergraduate Students
- Returning undergraduate students should complete the Scholarship Application for Returning Undergraduate Students. By completing this application you will be considered for all Department of Theatre scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements. Please note, separate applications are required for some awards and the Loren Kennedy Traineeship. See details below. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Andrew and Lilly Tsubaki Award and the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Students should complete an Award Application in order to apply for either or both of these awards. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Returning undergraduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award and the Glenn Bickle Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty of the Department of Theatre. No application is necessary.
Loren Kennedy Traineeship
- Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Loren Kennedy Traineeship. Students should complete the Loren Kennedy Application in order to apply for a traineeship position. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Katherine Pryor, Managing Director of Theatre.