- The Department of Theatre awards over 25 different scholarships each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for Graduate Students
- Graduate students should complete the Scholarship Application for Graduate Students. By completing this application you will be considered for all Department of Theatre scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements. Please note, separate applications are required for some awards. See details below. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning graduate students are eligible to apply for the Andrew and Lilly Tsubaki Award and the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Students should complete an Award Application in order to apply for either or both of these awards. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Returning graduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award, the Ethel Hinds Burch Awards, the Glenn Bickle Award, and the Joseph R. Roach Dissertation Research Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty of the Department of Theatre. No application is necessary.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Katherine Pryor, Managing Director of Theatre.